Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Trying to get some sewing done

A cold morning
Most mornings start the same way now that Ella has come to live with us. A brisk walk for around an hour and a half, taking in the local countryside. I'm lucky to live in a place where there are so many interesting places to walk. All this exercise is making me fitter too.

Teasels
I think I love the inspiration I get from being outside most of all. I saw these teasels against a cold wintry sky. They look so architectural.

Jersey fabric
But I need to be sewing. I have such a collection of projects that I really should be getting on with. This jersey fabric is destined for a long sleeved top which I had originally planned to make for Christmas. It still hasn't even been cut out. The pattern is ready and waiting. It is one from a Burda Style Magazine. Not that I could ever look like the model in the magazine.
At present I am making a skirt which is a bit of a challenge with it's curved seams. Still, I am hoping to get it finished before too long. At the moment it is all pins and I'm still trying to understand the instructions!  Again, this is from a Burda Style magazine. It is one of two skirt patterns I am testing out for myself. I might b making one of these for my daughter.

Knitting project
The only project that seems to be running quickly is this one. I only have around an inch or so to get to the end. I made of these for myself a couple of years ago, but one of my daughter liked the look of it and then it became hers.
Has anyone got any ideas for time management? I have far more projects I would like to be working on than I have the time in which to make them.



No comments: